With Memorial Day Weekend behind us, that means that summer is almost here! As the weather gets hotter, it becomes harder to keep makeup from melting off. And as summer days get busy with running around to your kids’ camps, beach weekends, long commutes, and tons of other activities, it can be such a drag to put on a full face of makeup.
It doesn’t have to be that difficult! Here are five makeup products that are perfect for the warmer months and will keep you looking fresh-faced and glowy all summer long.
1. It Cosmetics CC+ Cream, $38: This isn’t like most foundations. Like a BB Cream, this base is lightweight and easy to apply. It doesn’t feel heavy or cakey on your face, but still has a flawless finish. Most importantly, it’s got SPF 50+, which means you have one less thing to worry about.
2. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, $24: These lip treatments from fresh are a step up from ordinary lip balms. They come in a variety of different colors, which are all pretty sheer, meaning they add some color while still looking natural on the lips. Better yet, they have SPF 15. Most people forget that lips can get sunburned too, so having a lip sunscreen that also comes in beautiful colors is a win-win!
3. Diorshow Waterproof Mascara, $28.50: Doing eye makeup in the summer can be quite a hassle. To simplify your routine, try doing just a few coats of waterproof mascara. The Diorshow mascara is a great lengthening and thickening mascara, and luckily, it comes in a waterproof version! This way, it’s sweat-proof, pool-proof, and perfect for summer.
4. Tarteist PRO Glow to Go Highlight & Contour Palette, $23: We all want to be glowy and bronzed during the summer. This mini Tarte palette is convenient for traveling and has everything you could ever need to achieve the perfect glow. “Chisel” is a gorgeous bronzer that is easy to apply and blend. It’s also pretty forgiving for those who aren’t as experienced at applying bronzer or contour. Apply it under your cheekbones and on your temples for a sunkissed look. “Gleam” and “Burst” are also amazing highlighters that are unbelievably pigmented. Apply above your cheekbones to make them pop!
5. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, $54: One of the most important makeup steps (no matter the season) is primer. Face primer helps your makeup last all day, and prevents it from settling into wrinkles or causing acne. In the summer, primer becomes even more important with the heat. This hourglass primer is top rated and will leave your makeup looking flawless at the end of the day.
Of course, none of these makeup products are absolutely necessary. Makeup should be used to enhance natural beauty or make you feel a little more confident when you need it. Base your makeup choices on your lifestyle and preferences. If going bare-faced is your thing, then rock it! Wearing a full makeup look every day is also just as awesome.
Check out Sephora for all of these products and everything else you could need for a flawless makeup look all summer long!
Summer Shoes: 3 Ways to Style Birkenstocks this Summer
Photo credit: Tatyana Ali Photography
Makeup Artist: Norah Loves Makeup