Hi everyone and happy July! I hope you're enjoying time with your friends and loved ones as we savor the blissfully long days of summer. I'd like to introduce you to my friend and client Maggie Zakhary who is a beauty consultant for Beautycounter. I've tried several products from their natural skincare and makeup line and really like the company's mission statement - To get safe products into the hands of everyone.
Read Maggie's summer makeup tips and a very special offer just for friends of simply.chic.styling. - order by 8/1/15 and receive free shipping. Plus, new clients who order $75+ will receive a free Color Pinch Cream Blusher ($34 Value).
Welcome to summer! Just because it’s hot and humid out, doesn’t mean we can’t still look fresh and beautiful.
While there are an exciting array of skincare brands to choose from, most people don’t consider the ingredients in products we use on our skin -- the body’s largest organ. The truth is that everything we put on our skin is absorbed and enters our bloodstream.
Did you know that 80% of the ingredients in our products have never been tested for safety? Unlike the food industry that is regulated by the FDA, the cosmetic industry has virtually no government regulation. In fact, the last time the federal government passed a law in the U.S. related to the ingredients in personal care products was in 1938.
This is in sharp contrast to Europeans who have spent the last 2 decades banning and restricting more than 1,300 ingredients while the United States has only banned 11! That means that there are many ingredients in our products that are linked to cancer, reproductive issues, endocrine disruption and learning disabilities.
The good news is that there is finally a beauty brand that puts your health first. Beautycounter, an LA based skincare company, has set the highest standard for safety in the industry by banning over 1,500 chemicals and harmful ingredients that are linked to disease and illness. To view the harmful ingredients that Beautycounter eliminates, see the Never List.
Below are 5 Beautycounter products that will help you achieve a beautiful summer look, without sacrificing your health in order to look your best!
1. Nourishing Cleansing Balm, $75: This is a “can’t-live-without” product. It is a balm that works as an all-in-one makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer. It can also be used as a mask for extra hydration. This is perfect when you’re packing for vacation and instead of bringing 4 products, you can just bring one!
2. Dew Skin Moisturizing Coverage SPF 20, $42: This tinted moisturizer is one of our newest and most popular products. It provides lightweight, sheer coverage that evens out skin tone while also protecting skin from sun damage.
3. Lustro Face Oils and Lustro Body Oil, $64: Oils are the perfect addition to any summer routine. Contrary to what many might believe, oils are perfect for warmer weather, as they are lighter than a majority of creams. A tiny drop will absorb instantly and seamlessly to bring out the glow in every skin type, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles and soothing parched and dehydrated skin.
4. Rosewater Uplifting Spray, $32: A cool combination of organic rose essence and water, you’ll look for reasons to keep spraying yourself with this quick pick-me-up. Not only does this spray give skin a dewy glow but it also adds instant hydration – not to mention that a few spritzes is an instant mood lifter.
5. Cream Blusher, $34: This is a great double-duty product. The Color Pinch Cream Blusher serves as a hydrating two-in-one lip and cheek color that brightens both cheeks and lips with a natural, dewy color. Another great product for making summer packing easier!
If you would like to learn about Beautycounter’s products or learn more about a possible business opportunity, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit my website or follow me on instagram @beautycounterbymaggie.
Additionally, all orders placed by August 1, 2015 will receive free shipping and new clients who order $75 or more will receive a free Color Pinch Cream Blusher ($34 Value). Mention simply.chic.styling.!
Here’s to a healthy and beautiful summer,
images: Beautycounter website, Beautycounter facebook page and Maggie Zakhary